Student activities include the folllowing:
- SARGAM The Department celebrates 'Kojagiri' with Classical Music and Dance performances by students, alumni and professors.
- EKAH is the annual cultural inter-collegiate event of the Department of Communication & Journalism, University of Mumbai. It is a fair of vibrant, young and talented media students. We receive quality participation from students across various colleges of Mumbai. The variety of events range from intellectual, creative writing skills, fashion and art.
- DCJ Film Club- The Film Club was instituted in the year 2014. The Club conducts screenings and discussions of movies where celebrities are invited. Recently the Club conducted a one of its kind '24 HOUR FILM MARATHON' on April 13-14, 2016 on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Bharat ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. Visit DCJ Film Club on facebook
- The Department conducts various Cultural Integration Activities which include: IFTAR - The Department conducts Iftar parties every year in the holy month of Ramadan where we relish delicacies normally prepared in the month of Ramadan. Christmas Party
- PANORAMA - Students of MAPR from UDCJ organise a one day seminar where experts from the field of Public Relations are invited to discuss various topics related to PR.
- Annual Day cum Alumni Meet: The Department has set up an Alumni association in the year 2014.We conduct meetings frequently and include our alumni in the various activites conducted by the Department. An annual day cum alumni meet will be conducted on the 1st Saturday of February every year.
- Orientation: The students inducted into the Department are given an orientation to welcome them to the Department at the beginning of the academic year during which a variety of events are held by seniors and alumni.
- Farewell: As the students leave the portals of the institution and step into a new world ,the Department bids them goodbye to these young men and women with a befitting farewell.