Dr. P.J.Mathew Martin: Adjunct Faculty
He is Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at CCD-HumES research environment, on invitation in Orebro University, Sweden in 2015. He is Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication and Journalism. His thesis is on ‘Status of Disability Communication in India of Non-Govt. and Govt. Organizations: A Comparative Study’, which demonstrated the theory of ‘Disability Communication’. He began his career at Indian Express Newspaper Daily at Kochi in 1987. Joined in 1989 as Mass Media Professional at the National Level Institute (AYJNIHH-Mumbai) under Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India. He teaches and Coordinates the Post Graduate Diploma in Media &Disability Communication Course, jointly conducted by University of Mumbai & AYJNIHH-Mumbai.
He is winner of prestigious International Award- ‘Manthan Award South Asia for E-inclusion in 2009’ and recipient of esteemed National Award ‘NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design Award- 2011’ for his innovation in Universal Design & Accessible Digital Media. He published several International & National Books and articles in journals. He is also visiting faculty at K.C. College, Mumbai and does research in ‘Design & Development of Animated Sign Language Captioning Framework’ a ‘Diety-Govt. of India’ funded project in collaboration with C-DAC Pune.
- Was invited by the Ministry of Social Security, Government of Mauritius, to coordinate and conduct the workshop cum training in ‘Mauritius Sign language – Linguistic Validation for Communication’ from 4th to 17th April 2016 at Mauritius.
- Was invited as Post-Doctoral Research Fellow by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, to the multi-disciplinary research environment at CCD-HumES, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden from 2nd September to 27th Oct. 2015.
- On invitation as International featured speaker, participated, with a peer reviewed research paper presentation in the International conference on Virtual Learning Sites as Languaging Spaces (ViLS-2) organized by research group CCD, Communication, Culture & Diversity at the SchoolHumES, Humanities, Education and Social Sciences at Örebro University, Sweden within the framework of project CINLE (Communication and Identity processes in Netbased Learning Environments) at Örebro University and Örebro City konferenscenter, Sweden, on September 22-24, 2015.
Books: (International Editions-UK, US & Germany)
- NEWS, VIEWS, CONTENT AND ANALYSIS: Content analysis of 'Disability Communication' in DNA (Daily News Analysis) - a short-term study . (August 9, 2010) ISBN: 978-3-8383-7820-6.
- CONTENT ANALYSIS OF ‘DISABILITY COMMUNICATION’ IN NEWSPAPER DAILIES:A Short-Term Study of Disability Communication Content in Newspaper Dailies Published from Mumbai. (August 12, 2010) ISBN:978-3-8383-9281-3.
- ACCESSIBLE WEBSITES AND ORGANIZATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES:A study of websites of Organizations working for PWDs in India On (3rd Dec’09) World Disability Day. (September 16, 2010) ISBN:978-3-8433-5335-9.
Books: (Indian Editions)
Media Style Guide’: Rehabilitation of India, New Delhi Publication. 2005, India.
- ‘Media Training Manual’: Rehabilitation of India, New Delhi Publication. 2004, India.
Chapter in ‘Resource Book on Hearing Impairment’ of AYJNIHH, (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India) Mumbai-50, India. (2014)
Chapter in the Book ‘Media & Human Rights’ Published by Dominant Publishers, 2015, New Delhi, India ISBN-9789384161729.
Research Papers Published